Student Research Opportunities
POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN BRAIN IMAGING & BRAIN STIMULATION
Ko Lab at University of Manitoba is seeking a full-time post-doctoral fellow who will lead imaging-guided brain stimulation studies. Multiple projects are on-going in Ko Lab (https://www.kolabneuro.com/). The candidate will analyze the already collected brain imaging data (fMRI, DTI, PET) and conduct HD-tDCS studies.
Graduate students are typically assigned to on-going clinical trials involving brain imaging (PET, MRI, and/or EEG) and/or non-invasive brain stimulation (tDCS and/or HD-tDCS).
Ko Lab accepts graduate students from two different programs.
1.Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science
2. Graduate Program in Biomedical Engineering
1. Averaged GPA > 3.8 (over the most recent two years); for calculating international GPA, please visit
2. Students may have background in medicine, psychology, physiology, statistics, computer science, and/or electrical/computer engineering.
3. Proficiency in MS Office (word and excel)
4. Proficiency in Matlab and/or statistical software (such as SPSS) is highly recommended.
5. PhD applicants must have a Master level degree, and a peer-reviewed academic journal publication (indexed in PubMed, APA, IEEE, etc) and/or a conference proceeding (e.g., IEEE) in the field of neuroimaging and/or neurostimulation.
1. MSc students are expected to publish 1+ peer-reviewed academic journal paper.
2. PhD students are expected to publish 3+ peer-reviewed academic journal paper.
*Ko Lab also accepts postdoctoral fellows.
Prospective trainees are encouraged to contact Dr. Ji Hyun Ko for more information regarding recruitment. Email: email@example.com
The Ko Lab is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.