Book Chapter, Reviews, Editorials
- Claude Bernard -
1. Ko JH, Lerner RP, Eidelberg D, “Effect of Levodopa on Regional Cerebral Metabolism and Blood Flow,” Movement Disorders, vol. 30(1), pp. 54-63. January 2015.
2. Ko JH, Choi YY, Eidelberg D, “Graph Theory-Guided Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Neurodegenerative Disorders,” Bioelectronic Medicine, Vol. 1, pp. 15-18, December 2014.
3. Ko JH, Tang CC, Eidelberg D, “Brain Stimulation and Functional Imaging with fMRI and PET,” Brain Stimulation (Handbook of Clinical Neurology), A. Lozano & M. Hallett, editors. Vol. 166, pp. 77-95, Aminoff, Boller, Swaab, series editors. BV. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. November 2013. ISBN: 9780444534972
4. Ko JH, Strafella AP, “Dopaminergic neurotransmission in the human brain: New lessons from perturbation and imaging,” Neuroscientist, vol. 18, pp. 149-168, April 2012.
Peer-reviewed Original Papers
1. Szturm T, Beheshti I, Mahana B, Hobson DE, Goertzen A, Ko JH, “Imaging glucose metabolism during dual-task walking in patients with Parkinson’s disease,” Journal of Neuroimaging, in press.
2. Park KW, Ko JH, Choi N, Jo S, Park YJ, Lee EJ, Kim SJ, Chung SJ, Lee CS, “Cortical hypometabolism associated with cognitive impairment in multiple system atrophy,” Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, in press.
3. Booth S, Ramadan A, Zhang D, Lu L, Kirouac GJ, Jackson MF, Anderson C, Ko JH, “The Vasomotor Response to Dopamine is altered in the rat model of L-DOPA Induced Dyskinesia,” Movement Disorders, in press
4. Wright N, Alhindi AF, Millikin C, Modirrousta M, Udow S, Borys A, Anang J, Hobson DE, Ko JH, “Elevated caudate connectivity in cognitively normal Parkinson’s patients”, Scientific Reports, vol. 10(1), pp. 17978, October 2020.
5. Aljuaid M, Booth S, Hobson DE, Borys A, Williams K, Katako A, Ryner L, Goertzen A, Ko JH, “Blood flow and glucose metabolism dissociation in the putamen is predictive of levodopa induced dyskinesia in Parkinson’s disease patients”, Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 10, pp. 1217, November 2019.
6. Adlimoghaddam A, Snow WM, Stortz G, Perez C, Djordjevi J, Goertzen AL, Ko JH, Albensi BC, Regional hypometabolism in the 3xTg mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease, Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 127, pp. 264-277, July 2019.
7. Ko JH, Spetsieris P, Eidelberg D, “Network structure and function in Parkinson’s disease,” Cerebral Cortex, vol. 28(12), pp. 4121-4135, December 2018.
8. Katako A, Shelton P, Goertzen A, Levin D, Bybel B, Aljuaid M, Yoon HJ, Kang DY, Kim SM, Lee CS, Ko JH, “Machine learning identified an Alzheimer’s disease-related FDG-PET pattern which is also expressed in Lewy body dementia and Parkinson’s disease dementia,” Scientific Reports, vol. 8(1), pp.13236, September 2018.
9. Ko JH, Katako A, Aljuaid M, Goertzen AL, Borys A, Hobson DE, Kim SM, Lee CS, for the Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative, “Distinct Brain Metabolic Patterns Separately Associated with Cognition, Motor Function and Aging in Parkinson’s Disease with Dementia,” Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 60, pp. 81-91, December 2017.
10. Ko JH, Lee CS, Eidelberg D, “Metabolic network expression in parkinsonism: Clinical and dopaminergic correlations,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 37(2), pp. 683-693, February 2017.
11. Parkinson FE, Paul S, Zhang D, Mzengeza S, Ko JH, “The effect of endogenous adenosine on neuronal activity in rats: an FDG PET study,” Journal of Neuroimaging, vol. 26(4), pp. 403-5, July 2016.
12. Koshimori Y, Ko JH, Mizrahi R, Rusjan P, Mabrouk R, Leigh C, Jacobs M, Hamani C, Lang AE, Wilson A, Houle S, Strafella AP, “Imaging striatal microglial activation in patients with Parkinson’s disease,” PLOS ONE, vol. 10(9), pp. e0138721, September 2015.
13. Spetsieris P, Ko JH, Tang CC, Nazem A, Sako W, Peng S, Ma Y, Dhawan V, Eidelberg D, “Metabolic resting state brain networks in health and disease,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), vol. 112(8), pp. 2563-8, February 2015.
14. Mabrouk R, Rusjan PM, Mizrahi R, Jacobs MF, Koshimori Y, Houle S, Ko JH, Strafella AP, “Image derived input function for [18F]-FEPPA: Application to quantify translocator protein (18 kDa) in the human brain,” PLOS ONE, vol. 9(12), pp. e115768, December 2014.
15. Ko JH, Feigin A, Mattis PJ, Tang CC, Ma Y, Dhawan V, During MJ, Kapliltt MG, Eidelberg D, “Network Modulation Following Sham Surgery in Parkinson’s Disease,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 124(8), pp. 3656-3666, August 2014.
16. Antonelli F, Ko JH, Miyasaki J, Lang AE, Houle S, Valzania F, Ray NJ, Strafella AP, “Dopamine-agonists and impulsivity in Parkinson's disease: Impulsive choices vs. impulsive actions,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 35(6), pp. 2499-506, June 2014.
17. Ko JH, Spetsieris P, Ma Y, Dhawan V, Eidelberg D, “Quantifying Significance of Topographical Similarities of Disease-related Brain Metabolic Patterns.” PLOS ONE, 9(1): e88119. February 2014.
18. Obeso I, Cho SS, Antonelli F, Houle S, Jahanshahi M, Ko JH, Strafella AP, “Stimulation of the Pre-SMA Influences Cerebral Blood Flow in Frontal Areas Involved with Inhibitory Control of Action.” Brain stimulation, vol. 6(5), pp. 769-76, September 2013.
19. Niethammer M, Tang CC, Ma Y, P.J. Mattis, Ko JH, Dhawan V, Eidelberg D, “Parkinson’s disease cognitive network correlates with caudate dopamine.” NeuroImage, vol. 78, pp. 204-9, September 2013.
20. Spetsieris P, Ma Y, Peng S, Ko JH, Dhawan V, Tang CC, Eidelberg D, “Identification of Disease-Related Spatial Covariance Patterns Using Neuroimaging Data,” Journal of Visualized Experiments, vol. 76, e50319, doi:10.3791/50319, 2013.
21. Ko JH, Antonelli F, Monchi O, Ray N, Rusjan P, Houle S, Lang AE, Christopher L, Strafella AP, “Prefrontal dopaminergic receptor abnormalities and executive functions in Parkinson’s disease.” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 34(7), pp. 1591-604, July 2013.
22. Hayashi T, Ko JH, Strafella AP, Dagher A, "Dorsolateral prefrontal and orbitofrontal cortex interacts during self control of cigarette craving," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), vol. 110(11), pp. 4422-7, March 2013.
23. Ko JH, Mure H, Tang CC, Ma Y, Spetsieris P, Dhawan V, Eidelberg D, “Parkinson’s Disease: Increased Motor Network Activity in the Absence of Movement.” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 33(10), pp.4540-4549, March 2013.
24. Ko JH, Koshimori Y, Mizrahi R, Rusjan P, A.Wilson A, Lang AE, Houle S, Strafella AP, “Voxel-based imaging of translocator protein 18kDa (TSPO) in high-resolution PET.” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 33(3), pp. 348-50, March 2013.
25. van Eimeren T, Ko JH, Pellecchia G, Cho SS, Houle S, Strafella AP, “Prefrontal D2-receptor stimulation mediates flexible adaptation of economic preference hierarchies,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 34(1), pp. 226-32, January 2013.
26. Ray N, Miyasaki JM, Zurowski M, Ko JH, Cho SS, Pellecchia G, Antonelli F, Houle S, Lang AE, Strafella AP, “Extrastriatal dopaminergic abnormalities of DA homeostasis in Parkinson's patients with medication-induced pathological gambling: A [11C] FLB-457 and PET study.” Neurobiology of Diseases, vol. 48(3), pp. 519-525, December 2012.
27. Cho SS, Pellecchia G, Ko JH, Ray N, Obeso I, Houle S, Strafella AP, “Effect of continuous theta burst stimulation of the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex on cerebral blood flow changes during decision making.” Brain Stimulation, vol. 5(2): pp. 116-23. April 2012.
28. Ko JH, A. Reilhac, Ray N, Rusjan P, Bloomfield P, Pellecchia G, Houle S, Strafella AP, “Analysis of variance in neuroreceptor ligand imaging studies,” PLOS ONE, vol. 6(8): pp. e23298. August 2011.
29. Cilia R, Cho SS, van Eimeren T, Marotta G, Siri C, Ko JH, Pellecchia G, Pezzoli G, Antonini A, Strafella AP, “Pathological gambling in patients with Parkinson’s disease is associated with fronto-striatal disconnection: a path modeling analysis,” Movement Disorder, vol. 26(2), pp. 225-233, February 2011.
30. Cho SS, Ko JH, Pellecchia G, van Eimeren T, Cilia R and Strafella AP, “Continuous theta burst stimulation of right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex induces changes in impulsivity level,” Brain Stimulation, vol. 3(3), pp. 170-176, July 2010.
31. Cilia R, Ko JH, Cho SS, van Eimeren T, Marotta G, Pellecchia G, Pezzoli G, Antonini A, Strafella AP, “Reduced dopamine transporter density in the ventral striatum of patients with Parkinson’s disease and pathological gambling: a voxel-wise analysis,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 39(1), pp. 98-104, July 2010.
32. Steeves TDL, Ko JH, Kideckel DM, Rusjan P, Houle S, Sandor P, Lang AE, and Strafella AP, “Extrastriatal Dopaminergic Dysfunction in Tourette Syndrome,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 67(2), pp. 170-181, February 2010.
33. Ko JH, Ptito A, Monchi O, Cho SS, van Eimeren T, Pellecchia G, Ballanger B, Rusjan P, Houle S & Strafella AP, “Increased dopamine release in the right anterior cingulate cortex during the performance of a sorting task: a [11C]FLB 457 PET study,” NeuroImage, vol. 46 (2), pp. 516-521, June 2009.
34. Ko JH, Monchi O, Ptito A, Bloomfield P, Houle S, Strafella AP, “Theta burst stimulation-induced inhibition of dorsolateral prefrontal cortex reveals hemispheric asymmetry in striatal dopamine release during set-shifting task - a TMS-[11C]raclopride PET study,” European Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 28 (10), pp. 2147–2155, November 2008 (Best Publication Award).
35. Ko JH, Monchi O, Ptito A, Petrides M, Strafella AP, “Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of dorsolateral prefrontal cortex during the provision of feedback, but not during set shifting, affects performance of the Wisconsin Card Sorting Task,” International Journal of Biomedical Imaging, vol. 2008, March 2008.
36. Strafella AP, Lozano AM, Lang AE, Ko JH, Poon YY, Moro E, “Subdural motor cortex stimulation in Parkinson’s disease does not modify movement-related rCBF pattern,” Movement Disorders, vol. 22(14), pp. 2113-2116, September 2007.
37. de Bie RMA, Gladstone RM, Strafella AP, Ko JH, Lang AE, “Manganese-induced parkinsonism associated with Methcathinone (Ephedrone) abuse,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 64 (6), pp. 886-9, June 2007.
38. Sibon I, Strafella AP, Gravel P, Ko JH, Booij L, Soucy JP, Leyton M, Diksic M, Benkelfat C, “Acute prefrontal cortex TMS in healthy volunteers: effects on brain 11C-αMtrp trapping,” NeuroImage, vol. 34 (4), pp. 1658-1664, February 2007.
39. Monchi O, Ko JH, Strafella AP, “Striatal dopamine release during performance of executive functions: a [11C] raclopride PET,” NeuroImage, vol. 33 (3), pp. 907-12, November 2006.
40. Strafella AP, Ko JH, Monchi O, “Therapeutic application of transcranial magnetic stimulation in Parkinson's disease: The contribution of expectation,” NeuroImage, vol. 31 (4), pp. 1666-72, July 2006.
41. Ko JH, Kim WH, Chung CC, “Optimized Structured Treatment Interruption for HIV Therapy and Its Performance Analysis on Controllability,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 53 (3), pp. 380-386, March 2006.
42. Strafella AP, Ko JH, Grant J, Fraraccio M, Monchi O, “Corticostriatal functional interactions in Parkinson’s disease: a TMS/[11C] raclopride PET study,” European Journal of Neuroscience, vol 22, pp. 2946-2952, December 2005.